Langsung ke konten utama

At atau On an article special day?

Everybody has a special day. How do you use an article an/a for it?

Oke. There is a Mother's Day and Christmas. Both are special days. But the differences between Mother's Day and Christmas is a word "day".

We use "on" for the special day uses a word day such as Mother's Day, Teacher's Day, Valentine Day etc.

We us "at" for the special day without a word "day" such as Christmas, Idul Fitri, Idul Adha, Isa Almasih etc.


Extra English

Talking about time, of course there is minute, hour, o'clock.
How do you say this time: 11:13 and 15:20

Oke.
First  Thirteen minutes past eleven
Second Twenty past three/fifteen 

Do you see the differences between the two sentences?

You are right, first sentence uses a word minutes and the Second does not use a word minute
Remember: the use minutes are 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9
the minutes 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,45 does not use a word minute.

Thanks

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Logo UIN Jakarta, IAIN Padang Sidempuan dan Provinsi Sumatra Utara

Thanksgiving of Graduation

Alhamdulillah I have graduated my master or graduate student in UIN Syarif Hidayatullah. I registered in this university in 2012 and I have graduated in 2016. It is a long time to finish my study. In 19th February 2017, the UIN Syarif Hidayatullah does graduation ceremony to 103 and I was one of the graduates especially master level.  Several days before the graduation ceremony, I informed and invited my parents and other family to attend my graduation. In 17th February 2017 my parents and my brother came to Jakarta for attending my graduation. In Friday we went to Istiqlal mosque and Monas monument in central Jakarta. My parents and my brother went back to village in Monday, they spent six days in Jakarta. Then, I will back to my village in 22 March 2017 and I leave the Jakarta for long time. I will come here when I have business or duty. Thank you

Three Part of Ramadhan

First is Rahmah (God's mercy) Second is Magfirah (fogiveness) Third is Ithkum minannar(free from the hell) 10 days the beginning of ramdhan, Allah gives rahmah to human who worship him. The human should do worship as many as possible to Allah. Then, Allah will give his rahmah to you. 10 days of the middle of ramadhan is forgiveness. No body is perfect as human being. You must have mistake to yourself, your friend and even to your God. This moment is the best time to crave Allah's forgiveness. You do it as many as possible and may Allah will delete all your sin. 10 days the last of ramdhan is free from the hell. Do you want free from the hell?  of course yes, I don't want to go to the hell. If you agree with me. This moment is the best. You crave Allah about you will free from the hell in the day after. It means you will go the heaven directly without burning your sin in hell first. That's my writing for this moment thanks  Have a nice day