Langsung ke konten utama

OTHER COUNT NOUNS & NON COUNT NOUNS

 

OTHER

 

With Count Nouns

With Non-Count Nouns

An + other + singular noun ( one more)

another pencil = one more pencil

the other +  singular noun (last of the set)

the other pencil = the last pencil present

other + plural noun (more of the set)

other pencils = some more pencils

the other + plural noun (the rest of the set)

the other pencils = all remaining pencils

 

 

 

 

other + non-count nouns (more of the set)

other water = some more water

the other + non-count noun (all the rest)

the other water = the remaining water

 

1.      I don’t want his book. Please give me another.

(another = any other book – not specific)

2.      I don’t want this book. Please give me the other.

(the other = the other book – specific)

3.      This chemical is poisonous. Others are poisonous too.

(others = other chemicals – not specific)

4.      I don’t want these books. Please give me the others.

(the others = the other books – spesific)

 

Cara yang lain menggunakan other + one or ones

1.      I don’t want this book. Please give me another one.

2.      I don’t want this book. Please give the other one

3.      This chemical is poisonous. Other ones are poisonous too.

4.      I don’t want these books. Please give me the other ones

 

 

 

Komentar